Come work at Tweetsie Railroad - it could be the best job you'll ever have!
Tweetsie Railroad offers an enjoyable working experience and competitive pay. Skills learned at Tweetsie Railroad will be valuable in any career you choose.
We're looking for people with a good attitude and who enjoy working with the public. Many of our staff members return year after year. Although the work can be challenging, most people find that it's also fun to work here.
Many of our employees are young, but a significant number are retirees looking for an enjoyable work experience.
Tweetsie Railroad is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Offers of employment are contingent on the result of a background check and drug screen.
Call our Human Resources Department at 828-264-9061, ext. 200 if you have any questions.
Here are just some of the benefits of working at Tweetsie Railroad…
- Competitive wages
- Enjoyable work environment
- Passes to other theme parks and attractions
- Complimentary tickets to Tweetsie Railroad
- Discounts on food and merchandise
- Staff events
Tweetsie Railroad has openings in the following areas from April until the end of October.
- House/Grounds Attendants: These are the people who keep the park neat and clean, who attend to the parking lot, and perform various other chores throughout Tweetsie Railroad. This is a good area for people who like to work outdoors and do a variety of tasks. Generally, Grounds staff members need to be at least age 18.
- Food Service: Tweetsie Railroad has several food stands and restaurants. Food Service experience is a plus, but this is a good opportunity to learn management skills.
- Ticket Office: You'll be greeting guests as they first arrive at Tweetsie Railroad and handling a large volume of transactions.
- Accounting: The Accounting staff handles a variety of daily accounting functions. An accounting or teller background helps in this position.
- Ride Operators: Our amusement rides need operators who are responsible, alert, and personable. Ride operators are required to be at least 18 years of age.
- Retail Shops: Our souvenir and apparel shops need personable clerks and sales assistants to assist customers with purchases. Warehouse stockers are also needed to manage our merchandise distribution.
- First Aid: Applicants need to be certified EMT's, nurses, or have other qualified medical training.
- Entertainers: Relive the days of the Old West, Tweetsie style. We look for Cowboys and other Wild West characters, Dancers, Singers, and Technicians. People skills and a positive attitude are the key.
- Landscaping Attendants/Mowers: These folks keep the park looking its very best. This is a good area for people who like to work outdoors and do a variety of tasks.
- Deer Park Attendants: You'll keep the park clean and interact with our guests.
- Night Security: Dependable people are needed for night security duties.
Hiring for Special Events
Throughout our 2013 season we will have several Special Events such as Letterland, Day Out With Thomas, Dora and Diego, July 4th Celebration and Ghost Train. We have positions available for employees to assist us with these special events. The duties might include retail cashier, food service, inflatable ride operation or directing a children’s activity station. If you are looking for a job that offers a lot of variety, this might be just the thing. These positions will require intermittent scheduling that coordinates with our special events. Indicate “Special Events” as a preference on your application. (Applicants desiring entertainment positions for Ghost Train must attend auditions on date to be announced.)
“We LOVE Tweetsie Railroad!! It is a day filled with fun always. The TRR STAFF is just EXCELLENT. They are so polite and helpful and they always make your day FUN. We just love this place!! We always have a good time here!!”
-Guest from Washington, NC