Tweetsie Railroad Performance Season:
April 11 to November 2, 2014
Our shows feature music of various genres and styles. We are looking for singers, dancers, actors, equestrians, magicians, and specialty acts to become a part of North Carolina’s longest operating theme park.
Tweetsie Railroad provides steady work, competitive pay and valuable experience. Benefits include passes to other parks and attractions, complimentary tickets to Tweetsie Railroad and discounts on food and merchandise.
Wild West Train Adventure – featuring Cowboys, Horse Riders and other Wild West Characters. Every guest will ride the train and see this show.
Diamond Lil’s Can-Can Revue – singing and dancing at the Palace Saloon.
Country Clogging Jamboree – featuring the best cloggers in the region.
Hopper & Porter’s Musical Celebration – costumed characters for the kids.
Miner’s Mountain Magic – our newest stage show, more spectacular each year.
Sunset Show – end of the day song and dance featuring performers from all shows.
Even if you have worked in Entertainment at Tweetsie in the past you will still need to attend auditions to be eligible for rehire. Previous employment does not guarantee a spot in the 2014 cast. Everyone auditions equally and those who best fit the roles will be hired.
General Performers - everyone wishing to be considered for the Wild West or Can-Can show should:
- Prepare a one minute monologue from a play, movie or original creation.
- Prepare one song (or 16 bars) of your choice that best showcases your vocal talent.
- Be prepared for simple movement/dance exercises. Can-Can candidates will be taught a more complex combination on site.
NOTE: monologue scripts and sheet music will be available on site for use.
Specialty Performers – although acting, singing, and dance/movement may not be required for a specific show, candidates having those skills will be given special consideration. After all, everyone sings and dances in the Sunset Show.
- Cloggers – prepare a brief (one minute or less) dance demonstrating your most proficient styles. Cloggers will also be taught a routine on site. Cloggers may attend a Clogging Only audition scheduled separately.
- Magicians – present two to three illusions exhibiting your skill in close up magic. Magicians must provide their own props.
- Equestrians – horse riders who can act will be interviewed on a separate date and locale to determine their knowledge of horses and equine care. Afterward a few may be selected to return at a later date to demonstrate their riding skills.
- Other Specialty Acts – Tweetsie Railroad is always on the lookout for new and different talent to perform for special events or to fill in during our regular season. If you have a musical, comedic, variety, or other specialty act that we do not currently showcase, we may yet create a venue for such an act. You may bring your act to auditions or contact the Entertainment Department and we will send a representative to view your act in rehearsal or performance.
Production Crew – We are looking for technicians and costumers with university, theme park, or professional theatre experience. You may apply at auditions (note specific times for production personnel at Regional Auditions) or at the Tweetsie Job Fair on March 1.
*Equestrian Auditions are by appointment only. Contact the Entertainment Department by calling 828-264-9061 ext.169. (or Toll Free 800-526-5740 ext. 169)
** Tweetsie Railroad Entertainment will also accept video audition submissions.
Please include a monologue (one minute or less), an accompanied song (12 – 24 bars, no a cappella singing), and video clips from a show which shows your dance and/or movement skills.
Mail auditions on a DVD to: Tweetsie Railroad Entertainment, 300 Tweetsie Railroad Lane, Blowing Rock, NC 28605
Or Email a Youtube link, or videos in .wma or .mp4 format to: email@example.com
2014 Ghost Train Halloween Festival Auditions
August 18, 6:00 pm
Tweetsie Railroad Pavilion
Blowing Rock, NC
Evenings in late September and through October, Tweetsie Railroad Ghost Train Halloween Festival presents shows of a more chilling nature in various venues. We are looking for singer/dancers, puppeteers, and actors to perform in an assortment of shows including:
Ghost Train Ride – ghost riders (conductors) and scene performers around the track.
Haunted House – gruesome characters dispersed in various rooms.
Freaky Forest – ghastly creatures in hidden alcoves through a wooded maze.
Palace Spooktacular – family friendly black light puppet show.
Costumed Characters – throughout the park providing up close and personal frights.
Specific positions available will be posted at the time of the audition. No preparation is needed; however, you may be asked to sing, dance, read from a script, or participate in an improvisation. Everyone will be interviewed by a member of Tweetsie staff.
Even if you have previously worked in Entertainment at Ghost Train you will still need to attend auditions to be eligible for rehire. Previous employment does not guarantee a spot in the 2014 cast. Everyone auditions equally and those who best fit the roles will be hired.
Tweetsie's 2014 performance season is April 11 through November 2; however, a variety of employment lengths are available. Performers of all cultural backgrounds are encouraged to audition.
Address inquiries to:
Tweetsie Railroad Entertainment
300 Tweetsie Railroad Lane
Blowing Rock, NC 28605
Download an employment application or pick one up at our Ticket Office from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Thursday. Bring your completed application to the Ticket Office or mail it to:
Tweetsie Railroad Human Resources
300 Tweetsie Railroad Lane
Blowing Rock, NC 28605
Tweetsie Railroad is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Background Check and Drug Screen Required